One can easily give more “custom” experience to clients when using Beaver Builder child theme. You can edit and change child theme’s basic information to match with client website and your design/dev studio. Also, you can change theme screenshot with client site logo for an extended “visual” custom experience. Here are quick steps to prepare custom child theme before starting development of a client website.
Customize child theme information for client sites
1. Download the Beaver Builder theme and Beaver Builder child theme from your account at wpbeaverbuilder.com website. Unzip and extract the “BB-theme-child” file.
2. Open the “BB-theme-child” folder and right click on the “Style” file to open it in the notepad or your preferred text editor.
3. Here you can change the child theme information and make it fully custom according your client website. You can change the: Theme Name, Theme URI, Description, Author, Author URI.
Ideally, you can change everything except for: version and template information (not recommended).
4. Next step is changing the theme screenshot image that appears in the WordPress dashboard. Create a new image with these specification in mind: size (880X600), image format (png), image name (screenshot.png).
5. Once you have created a custom screenshot image, replace it in the “BB-theme-child” folder. Make sure, name of your image is screenshot.png (PNG image format).
6. You can also change the theme folder name from “bb-theme-child” to any name of your choice like “probeaver”. Now zip the folder contents. On Windows, right click on the folder, go to “Send to” and “Compressed Zipped folder”.
7. Finally, upload the new theme zip file (now called probeaver.zip). You should see new name and new image screenshot for the custom child theme in WordPress dashboard.
Quick, cool and easy – what say?