Jun 13, 2017
ProBeaver Weekly 47 – Flexibility
PowerPack 1st Birthday, New Text Widget Problem, Pods Themer addon plguin, Pods & ACF together, Disable Beaver Animations, Customize Beaver Modules, Making Beaver Sites Client Friendly.
Flexibility is easy to say but very difficult to practice. Human nature does like change and specially when that human is a “pure” developer trying to deal with a “page builder” (yes… a page builder). Lot of developers have become smart developers by adapting to the rising page builder ecosystem. In the end, you are still a developer – just tools you use change with time. More such insights shared by me in a podcast (details below).
Birthday time for PowerPack & Free templates
PowerPack plugin is one of the most successful and used addon plugin by Beaver Builder users. Puneet and team behind the PowerPack plugin is celebrating “1st birthday” – time for sure fly!
They are kicking off a week long celebration with free Beaver template goodie for Beaver Builder users. More goodness reveal every day of this week.
And… 20% Off on PowerPack plugin as birthday surprise. Click here and use POWER20 code at the checkout. If you already own PowerPack plugin, you can use this discount for upgrading to lifetime license.
Beaver Builder Buzz
1. ‘Troubled’ Text widget… of WordPress 4.8 does not work in Beaver Builder layout (as pointed by Lyle Chamney on Facebook thread). While we wait for an update, another way to handle text widget mess is using classic text widget plugin.
2. Disable animation… feature of Beaver Builder modules. Check this tutorial for the CSS or PHP code to tame animations in the Beaver land.
3. Stripdown… of a website built using Beaver Builder. See the background look video on how a client website was built by Paul Lacey (in conversation with David Waumsley).
4. Customize Beaver modules… for a specific implementation. Check the procedure shared by Michael Davis to customize in-built Beaver Builder modules and make them more useful.
5. Making client friendly… layouts when using Beaver Builder looks very easy, once you see this amazing video posted by Diane Louise Laidlaw.
Pods and Beaver Themer combo
1. Pods Themer addon… is now available in the WordPress repository. This plugin allow easy selection of Pods fields in Beaver Themer field connections via a dropdown box.
2. Pods and ACF… can live together, can they? Check this video screencast between Bernhard Gronau and Paul Lacey – aptly titled “Podsify my ACF Installation!”.
Talking Beavers of the week
1. Talking Beaver… ecosystem, ProBeaver, plugin pricing, future plans and much more, is me (Davinder) in conversation with Kim Doyal on “theWPChick” podcast.
2. Beaver regular… Jim Galiano in a straight forward and honest talk with Nathan Wrigley and David Waumsley at the WPbuilds podcast.
Daily Beaver Builder News & Tips
Check the Beaver Builder page at theWPdaily website for latest Beaver Builder news, tips and tutorials updated on daily basis. You can even subscribe to get all the latest buzz directly in your email.
Till the next time… flexibility is the need of hour. Now, which hour one realizes that – makes this all important (and even critical).